Prince George 2019: Canadian Tire named official sponsor19.11.2018
Local retailer to support Para Nordic World Championships
Retail company Canadian Tire has been announced as an official partner of the Prince George 2019 World Para Nordic Skiing Championships. The Worlds will take place from 15 to 24 February, featuring more than 140 athletes from 25 countries.
“This isn’t just a national thing this time. This is an international event which I think is brilliant. The scope of the project is incredible and we just wanted to be part of it,” said Selen Alpay, Associate Dealer of Canadian Tire Prince George.
“An event’s success just simply isn’t possible without community sponsorship. We encourage everyone to join us in cheering on the world's top athletes – all competitions are free to attend,” said Kevin Pettersen, Chairperson of the Prince George 2019 LOC.
The Local Organising Committee is still welcoming sponsors and inviting the local business community to become a sponsor of the international event.
“What is really special about bringing this kind of event to our community is that they are absolutely amazing events. The Para athletes are part of a movement around the world that absolutely stuns us,” Pettersen added.
Canadian Tire is a retail company which sells a wide range of automotive, hardware, sports and leisure, and home products.
Finsterau, Germany, hosted the last edition of the World Para Nordic Skiing Championships in 2017.
- Related News
- IPC and FIS sign new agreement for World Para Snow Sports
- Prince George 2019: mascot and medals revealed
- Prince George 2019: Competition schedule confirmed
- Beijing 2022: Birgit Skarstein supports Chinese skiers
- France to host camp for intellectually impaired skiers
- Cristian Ribera’s success inspires Brazil
- US Paralympics promote winning PyeongChang 2018 coach
- PyeongChang 2018: What’s next for Nordic skiing?