Henrieta Farkasova5 May 1986Roznava, Slovakia
- LATEST TRIUMPHS:
- PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Winter Games – Gold: giant slalom, super-combined, downhill, super-G; Silver: slalom
- 2017-18 World Cup – Gold: overall
- 2017 World Para Alpine Skiing Championships: Gold - slalom, giant slalom, super-G, super-combined; Silver - downhill
- 2016-17 World Para Alpine Skiing World Cup: Overall winner
- Sochi 2014 Paralympic Winter Games: Gold - giant slalom, downhill; Bronze - slalom
Henrieta Farkasova is arguably the most dominance force in alpine skiing. Most recently, she left the PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Winter Games as the most decorated athlete with four golds and one silver in the women´s vision impaired alongside guide Natalia Subrtova.
She also claimed the Crystal Globe after ending top of the World Cup standings, defending the title from the previous season. In 2017, Farkasova also shone by winning four golds at the World Championships in Tarvisio, Italy.
She showed early in her career what she was capable of achieving, winning two golds and one silver at her maiden World Championships in 2009.
Vancouver 2010 was her first Winter Paralympics, leaving Canada with three golds and one silver after an outstanding performance.
She also stood out at the 2011 World Championships in Sestriere, Italy, claiming four titles. She added two more golds to her Worlds haul in La Molina, Spain, in 2013.
Farkasova took up alpine skiing in high school and has not stopped since.